FFL Transfer

Before You Buy

Ask yourself the following question before buying any firearm from an out-of-state seller: is it legal for me to own this firearm and any accessories in the state of Colorado? Colorado law currently prohibits the transfer of any high-capacity magazine.

High-capacity magazines are defined as those that hold 16 or more rounds, ex. an unmodified 9mm Glock Model 17 magazine can hold 17 rounds, meaning it cannot be sold in the state of Colorado. Some firearms dealers will not ship these items to Colorado. Keep this in mind when purchasing. It is your sole responsibility to know whether your purchase is legal or not.
If you have questions about the law, please feel free to contact us. 

After Purchase and FFL Information

The seller will require our FFL license information.


Procedure for picking up your firearm

Once we receive your firearm, it does take us a little time to process it. We will contact the recipient when it is ready for pick up.

When you arrive to pick up your firearm, you must provide a current form of government ID* with your current Colorado address on it and complete a background check (Form 4473). For military members, please bring a copy of your PCS orders if you have an out-of-state driver’s license.

The time of day we run the application and how many applications are ahead of you in the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) queue will determine how long you will have to wait. You must pay the transfer fee if you leave the store before the check is complete. If the background check comes back as “Denied,” the transfer fee will be returned to you minus the $10.50 processing fee, and we are more than happy to help you make any arrangements regarding the firearm you purchased.

Photo ID requirements:

Acceptable identification include any valid government-issued ID that displays your current Colorado address. If it does not have your current address on it, you must present additional documentation that proves your current residency (i.e. car registration, tax document, utility bill, etc.).

If you are in active-duty military and stationed in Colorado, you will need to bring your current (unexpired) driver’s license and a copy of your military PCS orders to a base located in Colorado. You must also provide proof of Colorado address and that you’ve resided in Colorado for at least 90 days.


What is the cost?

Our transfer fees are the cheapest in the area and we offer discounts for our military, veterans, and law enforcement.